We always discuss what’s needed for our families, but we often overlook our pets. June is pet preparation month so now is as good a time as any to take a couple minutes to plan it out.
The list given below should be considered the minimum needed to get your pet out the door and somewhere safe.
If you’ve already built a bug out bag, and I hope you have, then you can simply add some items for your pet and be good to go. If you don’t have any emergency kits, then I suggest you pick one up or build your own as soon as you can.
We have plenty of articles to get you started. Take a look at our article about how to get started prepping.
When making a pet emergency kit, include these items:
- Your pet’s regular food
- Leash and collar
- Photo of your pet or ID and a photo of you with your pet
- Medications your pet needs
- Up-to-date immunization and veterinary records
- First aid kit
- Contact list of pet-friendly hotels, veterinarians and out-of-town friends and family
- Toys, rope and sanitation bags
- Pet carrier